Wednesday, April 13, 2011

CP Caboose...

Three.
Here we have CP caboose 439418. This is a Walther's Trainline caboose. I chose to do some work on this caboose because 1, it is inexpensive and 2,  it is a low detail car that gave me the opportunity to demonstrate how weathering can make "lower end" models look good.

I added window glazing via some scrap thin plastic, weighted the gar using self-stick lead weights and added McHenry couplers. I also added a figure in the copula.

Dirt and grime was done using acrylics. I use both washes and dry-brushing techniques. Rust and rust streaks were added with oils. There is no graffiti on this car.


Four.
This is another shot of the same car. My apologies for the lighting and camera work, I have never claimed to be a photographer.

No comments:

Post a Comment