Saturday, September 17, 2011

Kilmister 285 & Snaggletooth 279 40 Ton open Hopper

 Seventy Five

These cars are Bowser kits and were a really enjoyable to assemble and paint. Again, my photo skills are not the best. These 40 ton Hoppers represent two old cars that I use on my HO Scale layout. The intention is for them to appear well used and old. Seventy Five is slightly out of focus but there is a good shot of the trucks. Seventy Six shows off some of the appearance of texture. What I was hoping to show with Seventy Eight was how I was able to get into areas while assembling the kit. One advantage of kits is painting hard to reach areas before they become hard to reach. Seventy Nine shows the patch of Snaggletooth over Kilmister. It is amazing what the camera reveals, I think I need to go back over the lettering here.

 Seventy Six

 Seventy Seven

 Seventy Eight

 Seventy Nine

 Eighty

Eighty One (B)

A late addition to this post but a much better shot of how you are able to do good detail weathering in tight spaces on kits as you can weather before assembly. 


No comments:

Post a Comment